This is a new type of disappearing 9 patch. There’s a slicing element to it but then it’s built as a nine patch again.
Don’t forget to trim the first 4 pieces as shown on the video.
How to make a double disappearing nine patch block
If you like disappearing blocks check out my book Turnabout patchwork. It’s a book about slicing and turning blocks.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale
- Book depository