Are you looking for an easy quilt? Have your pick with these two beginner quilt blocks: Kansas dugout and Square in a square.
I hope you like them!
- 2 squares, 3 7/8″ x 3 7/8″ in the background fabric
- 1 square, 6 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ in a print fabric
12″ x 12″ when 4 patches are stitched together.
Square in a square
- 1 square, 6 1/2″ x 6 1/2″
- 2 strips, 3″ x 6 1/2″
- 2 strips, 3″ x 12 1/2″
12″ x 12″.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
Buy individual chapters of my book
Now that my publisher is going out of business I have bought the rights to publish my book. Now you can download individual chapters. Each digital download is a bundle with 4 quilt patterns in it.
As well as the instructions and fabric needs to make the blocks you’ll find a section on quiltmaking basics at the end of the pattern that discusses:
- Squaring up blocks
- Assembly and quilting
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
This post has affiliate links.