This block is a lot of fun.
It’s not only liberating but the end result is a beautiful modern block.
I used layer cakes for this tutorial which makes the quilt a breeze and the layouts are many.
With a set of 42 layer cakes you’ll get a small quilt top 48″ x 56″.
Learn how to sew sew improv circles
Did it work for you?
Fabrics on the video
Batiks would also work great with this block like these Malibu batiks for moda.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale
- Book depository
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
This post has affiliate links.