This week let’s make a Tennessee Waltz quilt.
The Tennessee Waltz quilt is made of 2 blocks that alternate: a snowball block and a block called the 54-40 or Fight block.
Apparently the 54-40 or Fight block a US historical name from 1844 based on political opinions and controversies.
I hope you enjoy it and see the potential of this easy quilt block on its own while you wait for the next block to complete the quilt.
Don’t miss next tutorial. Subscribe to YouTube or to this blog.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale
- Book depository
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
This post has affiliate links.