This is a different kind of disappearing nine patch you probably haven’t seen before.
It’s from my book Turnabout patchwork (get it on Amazon or from the publisher Martingale. Check out at the end of the video other disappearing nine patch quilts and all the other quilts in my book.
Warning: If you’re not fond of bias seams you won’t like this block.
How to make an disappearing nine patch block
The Nerida Hansen fabrics on the video are 100% GOTS certified organic cotton printed with low impact dyes. A joy to work with. Plus look at the great modern prints in the collection.
- Nerida Hansen Bazaar by Holli Zollinger
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there