To make this bag you’ll need 24 charm squares and some extra matching fabric for the exterior, batting and some fabric for the lining.
It’s an easy bag that you can make with some fabric scraps cut into 5″ x 5″ too.
Learn how to make a tote bag with 5” squares
The fabrics are 100% GOTS certified organic cotton printed with low impact dyes. They’re a joy to work with.
- Nerida Hansen Millenial Girls, 2 charm squares packs (12 squares each)
- Nerida Hansen Ranges Flame by Ellie Whittaker
- Nerida Hansen Ranges Dusk by Ellie Whittaker for the lining.
Get a 10% discount from Haerae Organic shop when purchasing the fabric featured on the video. Use link https://www.etsy.com/shop/haeraeorganic?coupon=TERESA1
Offer is valid up to 9/9/2020.
Note on straps
I’ve lately moved to using webbing for straps in my bags the reason being that the handmade straps I’ve used in the past wear a lot faster than the bag itself.
They’re inexpensive and you can get them in many colours.
If you’d like to explore other bag tutorials I’ve made over the years, here’s a roundup:
- Expandable tote bag
- Patchwork beach bag
- Tote bag tutorial
- Laptop slipcover with straps
- Charm pack tote bag with inside pocket tutorial
- Charm squares and embroidery tote bag
- Spirit tote bag
All the tutorials are free.
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there