Have you been waiting for this all month? Here we are again.
In keeping with my video schedule I’ll post the video tutorial for this block on Sunday but you can already download the patterns ahead of it from Michael Miller’s blog making it fun.
Block 3 patterns
- Download block 3 from Michael Miller blog. Both AccuQuilt and rotary cutter instructions are available.
Materials for the full quilt
- 2 1/2 yards of Michael Miller Cotton Couture black
- 3/4 yard Starfish Calypso BT7777 or alternatively Sea Turtles, Aqua
- 7/8 yard Palm Bloom BT8506
- 7/8 yard Waverunner Dusk BT8509
- 3/4 Sea turtles Dusk BT6392 or alternatively Marine Dolphin Dance
- 3/4 yard Fish Scales Tropical BT7779 or alternatively Marine Octopus Batik Passion
- 1 1/4 yard Butterfly Indigo BT 8507 (sashing and binding) or alternatively Marine Fishscale Batik Whirlpool
- 3 1/2 yards of Pineapple Calypso BT8505 or alternatively Pineapple Purple
- Ask at your local quilt shop for Michael Miller’s batiks
I was very lucky to receive an AccuQuilt GO! with an 8″ Qube and Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day book of patterns.
I had considered purchasing one for a while but I was undecided. Having used one I really like it. It’s fast and accurate which makes it a joy to use.
Share your pictures!
We’d love for you to share your progress as you quilt along! Be sure to tag @michaelmillerfabrics #michaelmillerfabrics #makingitfun #peekintobatiks @teresadownunder
If you are using your AccuQuilt Go cutter be sure to tag them as well @AccuQuilt #AccuQuilt.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
Buy individual chapters of my book
Now that my publisher is going out of business I have bought the rights to publish my book. Now you can download individual chapters. Each digital download is a bundle with 4 quilt patterns in it.
As well as the instructions and fabric needs to make the blocks you’ll find a section on quiltmaking basics at the end of the pattern that discusses:
- Squaring up blocks
- Assembly and quilting
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
This post has affiliate links.