Start with a simple courthouse steps block in two inverted fabrics and end with some 3D looking quilt designs. It’s quick and easy. Use highly contrasting fabrics for best results.
How to make a simple courthouse steps block and a sliced courthouse steps block
If you like disappearing blocks check out my book Turnabout patchwork. It’s a book about slicing and turning blocks like this one.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale
- Book depository