The instructions to make the blocks are from crazy mom’s quilt-a-long.
Flying geese border
I used the No Waste Flying Geese method to make the border. As explained in Blocks & Swaps & Patterns & Tips.
Piano Keys sides border
The border is 8″ wide. The strips that make the border are 2 1/2″ inches when finished.
The back is made of 8″ blue tone squares and 8″ wide strips of plain white fabric.
The finished quilt
Detail of the first border corner
Back of the finished quilt
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
This post has affiliate links.