This block appeared on 101 Patchwork Patterns by Ruby Short McKim around 1931.
Have a look at her Weathervane pattern and download the pdf for free.
- 4 squares, 3″ x 3″ in a salmon print
- 4 squares, 3″ x 3″ in white
- 4 squares, 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ in a salmon print
- 12 squares, 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ in white
- 4 squares, 4 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ in a floral print
- 1 square, 4 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ for the centre
Finished block size
12″ x 12″
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there