This is Stepping stones by Bobbi of Snowy Days Quilting,
This is a different kind of disappearing nine patch you probably haven’t seen before.
You can see all the variations above in a real projects by these fantastic quilters: Sherry of Powered by Quilting, Bobbi of Snowy Days Quilting, Anja of anjaquilts, Mania of Mania for Quilts, Sandra of Textile Time Travels and Anjeanette of Anjeanette Klinder.
Warning: If you’re not fond of bias seams you won’t like this block.
How to make an disappearing nine patch block
See all the quilts in the book
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there