There are many ways to quilt-as-you-go. This is one of them. It’s also a block to use all those fabric scraps left over from other projects.
How to to make a log improv log cabin quilt as you go block
How to join the blocks into a quilt?
Quilt-as-you-go to the rescue!
Choose between narrow or wide sashing.
Tip: Sew the sashing strips in an improv fashion so that the sashing blends in with the block design.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale
- Book depository