This week I have made a tutorial for a block inspired on an 8 pointed star pattern I see often on footpaths here in Morocco.
This star block is very versatile. If you play with colours and block orientation different patterns appear.
I made the block using foundation piecing but the pattern includes traditional paper templates as well so you can still make the quilt by sewing the pieces in the traditional way.
I hope you like it.
Fez-tastic quilt pattern
- Download Fez-tastic quilt pattern from my Etsy shop
Fez-tastic is a pattern for a quilt in 2 sizes:
- a 20″ x 20″ mini quilt, demonstrated on the video, and
- a 50″ x 60″ lap quilt in the same colour scheme.
The pattern includes:
- fabric needs for a quilt in 2 sizes in the colours demonstrated on the video
- foundation piecing templates
- traditional template pieces
- alternative colour schemes
- alternative on point layouts
- colouring diagrams to make the quilt horizontally or on point
The block construction is demonstrated on video only. An internet connection is required.
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
This post has affiliate links.