Hexagons are one of my favourite blocks. They’re quick and easy, they can be made with strips of fabric, using a different number of strips, or just a beautiful print fabric.
How to make hexagon quilts with strips
Did you like the blocks?
Check out my hexagons quilt Hexagonal dream. The quilt is 60” x 59 ½”.
The quilt is jelly roll and fat quarter friendly and suitable for confident beginners.
- Download the quilt from my Etsy shop as a digital pattern.
A 60 degree ruler is recommended but if you don’t have one you can always use a square ruler with 60 degree markings or the template that comes with the pattern.
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the FOLLOW button in my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there