This block looks hard yet it is super easy to make with foundation piecing. It’s also a beginner foundation piecing bock.
If you’ve watched the video you will have seen how many quilt layouts you can make with this block. And that’s just a tiny fraction of what it’s possible.
How to make a Storm at sea block two ways
Watch a short video demonstrating how to make the simple and double storm at sea blocks:
Storm at sea block size
- Simple: 9 1/2 inches.
- Double: 12 1/2 inches.
Download the templates
- Storm at sea foundation piecing templates
- Storm at sea quilt pattern. It contains the foundation piecing pattern and a one page pattern with fabric needs and quilt diagram.
Do you wish to receive my tutorials in your inbox?
- Look for the Subscribe button on my blog
- Subscribe to my Youtube channel
Share your work!
If you make any of my tutorials this is how you can share your pictures:
- On Instagram please tag me with @teresadownunder and hashtag #teresadownunder
- Join my Facebook group and post your pictures there
My book Turnabout Patchwork
“Turnabout Patchwork. Simple quilts with a twist” is all about playing with blocks – making a block, slicing it up, and turning or repositioning the pieces to make a completely different block (sometimes two smaller blocks) to yield endless quilt tops.
- Order Turnabout Patchwork on Amazon
- Order Turnabout Patchwork directly from Martingale (e-book only)
See all the quilts in the book in a real life project
This post has affiliate links.