This is the perfect project to learn English paper piecing. It’s small enough to get results straight away.
I like the zig zag pattern too. You don’t see it very often but in a large scale, and if you choose your fabrics carefully, the end result can be spectacular.
How to do English paper piecing mini quilt tutorial
Learn to do English paper piecing in just over 2 minutes:
There’re only 3 steps to start doing English paper piecing:
- Download the hexagon template (google doc).
- Print the required size (this project uses the 1 inch pattern) on thick or plain paper – I used plain printer paper.
- Cut the patterns and get sewing
Two important points to make:
- Before printing make sure you’re printing at 100% to avoid surprises.
- Leave the paper template in until you have finished sewing all hexies together
Mini quilt instructions
Print 60 hexagon templates (Google doc).
Make 30 yellow hexies and 30 blue hexies as shown on the video tutorial.
You can make this EPP piece into a mini quilt.
Stay tuned for a tutorial where I will be using this piece to make a cushion cover.